Failure and the fear of failure have a way of robbing us and trapping us. This episode of Today’s Family Experience focuses on my experience with failure and how I’ve been finding freedom from the traps associated with the fear of failure. The good news is that there are opportunities from losing that can change our attitude toward ourselves and improve our relationships.
In this podcast I share three primary opportunities that come from losing well.
- Opportunity for insight – we learn lessons that may not be available if we only win or play it safe and never lose.
- Opportunity for discovering our identity – our identity isn’t in our accomplishments.
- Opportunity to accept imperfection – that we can’t be perfect and trying hurts us and our relationships.
In the podcast I attempt to quote Jon Acuff and kind of smudged it up. I got the gist of what he said but blew the exact wording… so here is the exact wording.
“90 percent perfect and shared with the world always changes more lives than 100 percent perfect and stuck in your head.”
I highly recommend Jon’s books.
Other good resources:
Brene Brown’s book The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You’re Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are
- Leave your questions below for Dr. Emerson Eggrich’s interview.
- Commercial Contest begins Nov 1. Go online this weekend for more information at www.thefamilyexperience.org/commercial
- Today’s Family Experience Live Community Events – Check out more about our events in the right column of this page.
Thanks again for sharing this blog and podcast with your friends through social media. Subscribing and writing a review on iTunes helps us improve our rankings and makes it easier for people to find us.