I’m really exited to share with you my interview with Dr. Emerson Eggerichs.
Many of you know him from his book, Love & Respect which has sold over 1 million copies. He is a sought after speaker and thousands have attended his Love & Respect Now Conference.
His concept of “The Crazy Cycle” has been a key part of our Family Experience and we’ve watched families changed though learning and practice the “Energizing Cycle.” I’ve also been teaching the “Pink and Blue” concept and have heard from many moms who have used it to better connect with their sons (and husbands).
As I mentioned on the podcast, the audio didn’t record clearly part way through the interview and so we are in the process of transcribing the best we can because the content is just so awesome. Keep checking back or better yet, sign-up to get the blog/podcast directly to your inbox through the form on the right of this page.
I’d love to hear what you enjoyed about this conversation and encourage you to leave your comments below.[reminder]
Highlights from our conversation:
- Everyone has struggles – people that don’t are self-dilusional
- There is hope for families that have very dysfunctional origins
- It is now unique for families to be headed in the same direction and those times bring a unique tension
- Prepare for unique moments rather than react when our kids misbehave
- Children are commanded to honor mother and father (Exodus 20, Ephesians 6), only command with a promise
- Children are not commanded to love their parents – it is a natural thing that God has put in children’s hearts
- Children have a tendency to be disrespectful when they perceive that they are not being loved
- Parent’s aren’t commanded to honor their children, not that we should dishonor
- God has placed in the hearts of parents a love for their children and even though we as parents feel that love, our children do not always feel that love
- Without love the child reacts without respect; without respect the parent reacts without love
- Children are childish
- Parenting is for adults only
- Exploding in anger will not instill honor and respect in our kids.
- Love and Respect Ministries
- Love & Respect in the Family Conference, February 27-28 in Yorba Linda California
Books (The following are affiliate links that benefit Project Patch when you order through them)
- Love & Respect: The Love She Most Desires; The Respect He Desperately Needs
- Love & Respect in the Family: The Respect Parents Desire; The Love Children Need
Can You Help?
Family Experience Commercial – Can you help make a commercial for the Family Experience? This will help others learn about our amazing weekend program to pull families together in a world that is pulling families apart. More information at www.thefamilyexperience.org/commercial.
Thanks again for sharing this blog and podcast with your friends through social media. Subscribing and writing a review on iTunes helps us improve our rankings and makes it easier for people to find us. You can listen, subscribe or leave a review on iTunes by clicking HERE.
Now, go connect with your family!