I’m really excited about this episode of our podcast, “Today’s Family Experience” because it features my first podcast interview. Up to this point I’ve shared short one-minute episodes which captures content from my blog but these interviews are a bit different. My goal is to introduce you to people who are making a significant impact on families and share our conversation on important topics.
My guest today is Dr. Shawn Anderson who not only is an expert in parenting but also teaches and coaches other fathers. He holds a Ph.D in Organizational Leadership from Pepperdine University, is the author of “Living Dangerously: Seven Keys To Intentional Discipleship,” as well as an Adjunct Faculty with Warner Pacific University.
He and Lisa, his wife of 8 years regularly coach and lead sessions for The Family Experience when he isn’t teaching for the Pathway’s to Fatherhood, an outreach of Northwest Marriage Institute.
Listen to the Audio
[featured-image single_newwindow=”false”]Key Points for Parenting in a Blended Family
- Don’t let the kids come between you
- Take time to Get to know the children
- Let the bio parent be the disciplinarian for their own kids especially at the beginning
- Develop new traditions
- Shawn Anderson’s Website – http://docshawn.com
- Northwest Marriage Institute – http://www.northwestmarriage.org
- The Family Experience – http://www.thefamilyexperience.org/home
- Follow Shawn on Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/docshawn
- Shawn’s Book – Living Dangerously: Seven Keys to Intentional Discipleship
Was this helpful?
If you enjoyed the show, please subscribe, rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show.